CALL US: (916) 933-9080
Dental problems rarely wait around for convenient moments to pop up. While we hope that nothing of the sort ever happens to you, El Dorado Hills Dental is ready to help. Check below for some signs and symptoms that you might need to come in for emergency treatment. When in doubt, it doesn't hurt to call and explain your situation. Drs. Austin and Ben Cope along with their team will are ready to help you get the right treatment in a timely manner, usually the same day!
Signs and Information if You Are Facing a Dental Emergency
- Pain: If you have pain in your mouth that makes you think it might be an emergency, it likely is. Severe pain is usually accompanied by swelling as well.
- Swelling: Mild irritation can result in swelling around the gums. Painful, extreme swelling is a sign that something else is going on, such as an infection.
- Trauma: It is common for teeth to sustain damage in an accident, sports activity, or workplace accident. In order to give your teeth the best chance of survival, contact us so that we can quickly work to get you out of pain and repair your smile.
- If a tooth has been knocked out, rinse it and put it in a glass of milk and call us as soon as you can. There is a chance that the tooth can be put back into your mouth and heal. Otherwise, we can discuss replacement options, dental implant, bridge, removable flippers, or dentures. We strive to have these options look as natural as possible.
- Toothache: This is a common reason to seek emergency dental care. Some signs of a toothache that needs to be treated right away are: Pain that wakes you up and is constant. Pain when biting down or letting up. Sensitivity to hot or cold, severe irritation when brushing or flossing, or you notice a swelling in your gums. The good news is that we want to prevent this from getting worse and provide you with relief as soon as possible. Please call El Dorado Hills Dental at (916) 933-9080 and we will do our best to get you treatment as soon as possible - usually the same day!
- Sedation: Emergency dental care and pain can cause severe anxiety. At El Dorado Hills Dental, we are one of the few offices in the region that offers nitrous, oral, or IV sedation dentistry. We have an RN on staff that works with the doctors to ensure safe and relaxed dentistry.
- Patients who utilize our sedation dentistry option will be more relaxed and will often forget that the whole procedure even happened! Kimberly Cope, office manager, super mom to the doctors, and registered nurse will be by your side throughout your time with sedation dentistry.
- Why should I visit you for emergency dental care instead of going to the ER?
Visiting the emergency room may provide relief from the immediate pain, but they cannot stop the pain or infection from getting worse down the road. Seeing a dentist will not only solve your dental pain but will most likely be a cheaper option than a visit to the emergency room. By coming to us for your dental care it will save you the extra money, pain, and time.